Roasted Bone Marrow with French Bread
- 1kg Beef Bone Marrow
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 and 1/2’ thick slices rustic white bread toasted
Roasted Bone Marrow in Cooking:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 450°
Step 2: Place bones, wider cut side down, in an ovenproof skillet or roasting pan. Roast bones until marrow is soft and begins to separate from bone but before it begins to melt, 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of bones.
Step 3: Toss parsley, shallots, oil, lemon juice, and capers in a medium bowl to coat. Season salad to taste with grey sea salt and peppers.
Step 4: Divide marrow bones. Serve with toast and sea salt. Using a long spoon, scoop marrow onto toast, top with salad, and garnish with a pinch or tow of salt.