French Beef Carpaccio with Parmesan cheese
- 1 layer of De La Valley French Beef Carpaccio
- 1 large shallot
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 1 small fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- A few arugula or parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- Fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Lemon juice
French Beef Carpaccio instruction:
Step 1: Take the Beef Carpaccio from the freezer and rest until the room temperature.
Step 2: Transfer the Beef Carpaccio onto a plate by flipping it on the top.
Step 3: Peel shallot, cut in thick slices and place in a small bowl. Add red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Toss and let marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Step 4: Top each slice with some pickled shallot, capers, fennel, arugula and chives. Season each portion with salt and pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon)
Step 5: With a vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan into curls. Garnish carpaccio with Parmesan and lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Enjoy with toasted bread!