Cow Boy Steak (500g) - ChilledArgentina
Days in fridge
- 500 g
de la valley OPINION
A true classic for meat connoisseur and one of the most popular cuts in the world: the Prime Rib has been selected for you by De La Valley. Coming straight from Las Pampas of Argentina, this masterpiece 100% Natural Angus Certified is actually a Ribeye bone-in. Juicy, rich, and tender this unique taste, which has made the popularity of the Prime Rib, comes from the combination of its generous marbling and its bone. In fact, during the cooking, the flavors of the meat and the bone mix to provide this singular savory taste.
Committed to the traceability of our products, De La Valley guarantees that your meat comes directly from the farm's gate to your door: chilled and vacuum packed.
Promotion,Cow Boy Steak (500g) - Chilled
Sliced from the Rib Primal, the Prime Rib comes from the beef forequarter, where it is separated from the Chuck between the fifth and sixth ribs, and from the loin between the twelfth and thirteenth ribs. Thus the Rib Steak are cut between the 6th and 12th ribs (7 ribs long). As the Ribeye Steak, the main muscle of the Rib Steak is the Longissimus Dorsi, which is located high up on the beef back. The two other surrounding muscles are: the Spinal Dorsi (aka Ribeye cap), and the Longissimus Costarum (the triangular strip of muscle underneath the Rib Bone).
Located in South America and being one of the world’s largest beef exporters, Argentina is well known for its exceptional beef quality.
Cooking expert tips
Prime Rib is often a big piece of meat that requires time to cook. That is the reason why De La Valley recommends you to use the oven for a homogeneous baking.
- Step 1: Take your Prime Rib out of the fridge 20 to 30 minutes before cooking and pre-heat your oven to 270˚C (500˚F). Oven must be on rotating-heat and grill.
- Step 2: Lightly coat the meat with olive and, season it with salt (best is sea slat) and black pepper. Do it both sides.
- Step 3: Sear your Prime Rib in a hot pan (1 minute each side) before baking.
- Step 4: Place the steak in an oven plate and make it cook for 10-12 minutes each side.
- Step 5: Take the plate out of the oven and let it rest for approximately 10 minutes. Make sure to cover it with an aluminum foil to keep it hot.
- Step 6: Cut slices of 2 cm wide and ENJOY!